1 juin-31 déc. 2015 Brest (France)
Appel à projets 2015 WHOI et Brésil
Call open 1st December 2014
Submission deadline: 20 February 2015
Since 2007 Europole Mer consortium gathers the majority of the research capacity in Marine Sciences and Technologies in Brittany at large.
This call for projects aims at developing active collaborations between Europole Mer members and:
- Brazilian partners, in the framework of the emerging Brazil – France scientific cooperation.
- The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI), in the framework of the Memorandum of Understanding signed between Europole Mer and the WHOI in October 2011;
This call aims at supporting all type of actions that will contribute to active research between the partners, with a view of establishing new collaborations or enabling existing but not yet implemented projects. Projects that are already funded will not be eligible.
This call is complementary to the schemes handled by the Lab of Excellence “Labex Mer” where applicants may also find other tools to support their initiatives.
Selected projects will integrate a physical movement of one of the partners to the country of the other partner for about 3 months (in either direction between Europole Mer members and the proposed international partner). There is no restriction neither on the type of project proposed nor on the type of expenditures attached to it (except that no large equipment purchase will be eligible).
Examples of eligible activities:
- Sabbatical stays for about 3 months (any level from post-doc fellow to senior researcher. PhD student not eligible for this scheme); accumulation possible by cross exchanges.
(For exemple : 2 months stays in Brasil for French researcher and 1 month for Brasil researcher in France)
- Joint field campaign;
- Purchase of small research equipment for joint survey.
The expected outcomes for the Europole Mer scientific community of the selected projects are:
- To build bridges with the identified partners in the medium term;
- To increase Europole Mer visibility and attractivity at the international level;
- To check on mutual interest and capacity between partners for larger joint projects in the medium and longer term (e.g. by integrating the collaboration into an ANR or UE submission).
Who may apply
Staff from all members of Europole Mer may apply to this call.
Total budget of this call is 100 000 €. Financial support from Europole Mer is up to 15 000 € per project. The Europole Mer grant may represent all or part of the total budget.
- Start of proposed project may be anytime after selection completion (March 2015).
- End of proposed project must be no later than 31st December 2015 (purchase order must be placed by 30/11/15 latest, invoices must be received on 31/12/15 latest).
- Scientific excellence in an area relevant to some part of the Europole Mer community
- International collaboration with one or more of the identified partners (Brazil, WHOI). No specific Brazilian institution is identified, but partners must be based in Brazil (and not only of Brazilian nationality);
- Effective international mobility between partners;
- Foreseeable strength of collaboration in the medium and longer term.
- Association between 2 Europole Mer members.
- Cofinancing will considered as an added value.
Application and selection process
- Selection criteria as detailed above.
- Selection results will be announced by the end of March 2015 latest.
- Application format: application must be written in English. Length is maximum 2 pages (+ optional appendices as deemed relevant by project leader) containing: